‘A perfect party dish, this dip is zesty, spicy, and a rainbow of colours. You’ll find excuses to
make this flavour-filled bubbling delicacy on normal occasions, too.’ – J.Hever
1 package silken/soft tofu
2 x14oz cans artichoke hearts, packed in water; rinse & drain
2 large roasted red peppers, packed in water; rinse & drain
2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach; rinse & dry
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 medium garlic cloves; crushed
6 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
2 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid seasoning (or other wheat-free soy sauce)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 350?
2. Place all ingredients in food processor. Process for 45-60seconds, or until unified & silky.
3. Pour mixture in to an 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
4. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes... Uncover and continue baking for 20 more minutes, or
until golden brown.
5. Serve hot with whole-grain crackers, cut vegetables, raw flax crackers, organic corn
- I used cilantro in place of parsley… great result!
- I totally missed the black pepper… but the cayenne gave it adequate heat for my taste.
- definitely best when consumed warm; serve in warming dish or insulated pan
- yields 6 cups; cut in half for 2-4 people
Source: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, Julieanna Hever